Why not try...?
A visit to the main Port Antonio market with your housekeeper on a Friday or Saturday can provide an insider's look into daily Jamaican life.
For a taste of Europe, our neighbour Vera from Belgium makes delicious croissants, pies, brioches, pains au chocolat, danishes, cannolis, flans, quiches, pastries, cheesecakes and croissants. Ask us to call her before 5pm for next day's delivery, or ring her at: 876.567.9998 or 876.543.0847.
A Wealth of Exotic Options
National dish ackee and saltfish, pumpkin soup, bammy, festival and the catch of the day, baked plantain, home-made ice cream or coconut pie for dessert, Red Stripe and Appleton rum—Jamaican food is a joy to try.
Prix-fixe restaurant service by reservation is offered on our Hummingbird Terrace, at $15 for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $25 for dinner. Room delivery of the meals is available for $5 per one-bedroom villa, and $10 per two-bedroom villa, per meal.
Alternatively, you may request a cook-housekeeper to prepare and serve meals, do your shopping and carry out all housekeeping duties, at a cost of $30 a day. You will find she is also your unofficial ambassador to Jamaica. Our housekeepers are versatile cooks and can prepare local cuisine, as well as international dishes using locally available produce.
A guest writes, "A dinner for two in New York costs the equivalent of a whole week of Joan's delicious meals."
• Woody's, a charming spot in nearby Drapers, for hamburgers, veggie burgers, excellent home-made ginger beer made from a secret recipe, and other casual fare.
• In Port Antonio proper: casual Italian favourites at The Italian Job; Jerk chicken at Piggy's, and Jamaican specialties at Soldier Camp.
• Asian fusion at GeeJam resort’s Bushbar (reservations required).
• Terrace dining at the Trident Hotel (reservations requested).
• Jamaican and Continental cuisine along with an interesting and enjoyable Saturday evening Jamaican dance presentation at Great Huts hotel on Boston Bay.
• Fresh organic local ingredients and nouvelle Jamaican cuisine at Hotel Mockingbird Hill’s Mille Fleurs restaurant (reservations requested).
• ...and casual poolside lunch at the Errol Flynn Marina in Port Antonio, followed by a delicious Devon House ice cream on the harborside marina promenade.